Yesterday, I was nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award! It was quite refreshing because my posts lately have been rather gloomy. It was nice to see someone appreciates my blog. My Loud Bipolar Whispers nominated me. You should go check out her blog and add her to your daily reader. She is a regular that I read. 🙂 Thank you for nominating me. 🙂
Rules for “The Sunshine Blogger Award”
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to them.
- Answer the eleven questions asked.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers.
- Create 11 new and different questions for them to answer.
- List the rules.
- Include the “Sunshine Blogger Award” logo in your post somewhere.
That is it… easy peasy…
Here are the eleven questions that were asked of me:
- How old are you? 45
- How old were you when you were diagnosed with mental illness or other type of chronic and/or invisible illness or grief? I was initially diagnosed at 15 with severe clinical depression. At 23 I was diagnosed with PTSD. At 32 I was diagnosed with Bipolar 2. I also have Fibromyalgia and Hypothyroidism.
- Where do you live? (City, State, Country) I live in Fairborn, Ohio, USA. It is about 15 minutes away from Dayton.
- What makes you happy? When things go smoothly.
- What makes you angry? It depends. So many things set me off, but I think at the top of my list is when people are not punctual. This includes doctors.
- When was the last time you experienced mental illness stigma or any other type of stigma or discrimination? The last time I faced stigma was when I was in court fighting for custody of my daughter. The other party involved was trying to state that I was not a fit parent because I have PTSD. The theory behind that was I had a short fuse and was scared all the time, how could I care for a child.
- How were you stigmatized? I think I kind of explained it above.
- What is your favorite kind of candy? Anything with Carmel!!!!!
- What is your favorite season and why? Fall/Winter because I hate the heat of Spring and Summer
- How long have you been blogging? Off and on for about 20 years.
- Do you prefer a sunny or a cloudy/rainy day and why? Cloudy/Rainy day! It just makes me feel happy and calm. I love to go shopping in the rain!
- Amy Rose
- Therapy Bits
- I Am My Own Island
- The Bipolar Writer
- Bipolar Moms
- Taking The Mask Off
- Bipolar on Fire
- You Mean the DSM Was Written About Me?
- Step Over The Crap
- Cursed Cursive
- Bird Flight
My 11 Questions For Them
- Day or Night? Which do you prefer?
- Where do you spend most of your time?
- Lefty or Righty?
- Do you follow a special diet? If so what?
- Do you prefer to spend your time alone or with others?
- Favorite thing you like to do / hobby?
- Favorite Animal?
- #1 Pet Peeve?
- Do you suffer from Road Rage/Shopping Rage?
- Favorite Movie
- What kind of house do you live in?